Hello fellow members. I have a few clients of mine that are in need of musicians for there band. I love being able to use this as an tool to help and connect others. If you are interested and dedicated please respond so we can set up a day to introduce you. First things first I am looking for….
- A guitar player, more specifically blues. This client has been in the biz for many years and his artist just retired. He is looking for someone that is very experienced and specializes in blues and jazz. Your gigs will mainly be in Austin, but every once in awhile you will travel to surrounding cities and states.
- I am also looking for a drummer. This client is a punk rock/ alternative band. They are kind of new to the business but they are very promising. They have a very unique sound that mixes some electronics with traditional rock. I have a feeling they will go far in this industry.
That is all I am looking for, for now. But please make sure to check this site regularly as I am always in need of an artist in different fields for my clients. Please only respond if you are already experienced in playing these instruments and genres, as we will NOT train you. But do not be discouraged if you are looking to learn an instrument or perfect your skills LGTalent has plenty of resources to help you with that!
Austin…..The live Music Capital of the World! On any given night, restaurants and venues are packed with some of the best music around, in every genre. We have so many promising and powerful artist in this city, that it’s almost impossible to keep up with them all. I try to do my best at following and supporting local artist, but there always seems to be ones I’ve never heard of. Here are a few local bands that everyone from this city should know of!
- Gary Clark Jr.- The first time I saw Gary live, it brought tears to my eyes. The way this man rips the guitar is very unique and soulful. He has an amazing voice and brings life to jazz and rock and roll, a genre that’s dying. Eric Clapton names him his favorite guitar player! This is such a unique artist that I recommend to literally everyone young and aged!
- Spoon- One of my all time favorite bands!
- The Black Angels- Formed in 2004, this psychedelic rock band has played all over the country. They successfully have successfully released 4 studio albums.
- Shakey Graves- Started out as a one man band, but has added musicians to his act. He has a very unique raspy voice. His sound is mixed with blues, country, and rock.
- Whiskey Shivers- Usually barefoot, these men know how to put on a show! If you ever get a chance to see them live…take it. Not only is a great music but there very entertaining mixing blue grass with punk rock.
I hope you got the chance to check out these great local bands, are there any that you suggest?
HOW ITS HELPED ME….
I have noticed since I was a little girl that certain songs provoke different feelings. They bring back forgotten memories, and soothes our emotions. It perfectly syncs with whatever mood I am in. If I am having a bad day or am upset about something, music seems to be the only thing there for me at times.
HOW IT CAN HELP YOU….
So it makes perfect sense to hear that it is being used as a form of therapy to help many things from physical to emotional ailments. I think this form of therapy is very effective because it eliminates the need to speak words to express the way one feels. Its kind of plays a trick on your mind to get out what your feeling through lyrics or listening without having to do the traditional way and sit on a couch and talk. There are many tools this form of treatment uses such as writing songs, listening to music, and singing. It allows you to feel relaxed and de-stress before opening up. It is also very effective with teenagers. If you are interested in learning more about this for you or a loved one you should check out this very helpful site http://www.musictherapy.org/.
Rather it’s for pure pleasure or used as a remedy, it’s been proven over and over again than music has healing properties that motivate, soothe, and relax, along with so many other benefits. If your feeling like you need a little help in an area of your life or are just curious of how music can benefit you, read this article. I hope this was help to some of you out there! What are some other natural ways you use to recharge and heal?
Music has benefited me in so many ways. I kind of had a rough childhood and was put in many harmful and unsafe situations. I didn’t have any friends at school either, so I was never able to talk to anyone or vent about what was going on in my life. The one thing that saved me and allowed me to escape was music. I always had my headphones on or was writing lyrics to songs. It helped me get out a lot of my frustrations and anger towards life.
LOOK FOR SIGNS….
There are many warning signs and signals you should look out for in your teen. But remember not to put too much pressure on the individual about there actions because at this age a lot of it has to do with hormones. But if one is getting in trouble at school, suffers from depression, or has a hard time communicating, now would be the time to lightly intervene.
- Get the individual a cool journal and pen. Suggest to write poems and songs, which will have them expressing there feelings without them even knowing it.
- Invest in music classes, and let them choose there own instrument. It has been proven time and time again that it enhances many skills and relieves stress.
- Get involved with the music there into at the moment. Ask them about there favorite songs and show them some of yours when you were growing up. This will be a fun activity that strengthen your relationship and open communication.
- Take them to concerts! No matter what I am going through at the moment or how upset I am, whenever I am listening to live music I have no worries in the world! For that moment nothing is important and nothing matters. It kind of gives your brain a break while having fun at the same time.
Calling all Creative Passionates…..
WHAT: A night to introduce your self or your group with like minded people and connect to further pursue your dream! We’ll have food and drinks all you have to do is mingle and network. This is a place where you can meet others and collaborate or barter!
WHEN: Saturday the 22nd, 2017 at 8:00 pm.
WHERE: Straufmann Hall, 8612 N. Hill Hollow, Austin Tx, 78921
WHO: Artist, musicians, models, and any other creative persons that have a talent or are in need to meet someone with similar skills.
RSVP: Please contact Lauren Garcia at 512-445-4564 to reserve a spot. Please know that this is not a spectator event, this is an active conference and we ask that only members and dedicated potential participants sign up to ensure space for those that need it. We are looking for performers for the night as well, so please let us know when calling if you are interested!
Its Time To Turn Your Dreams Into A Reality
Evolution of Music
For thousands of years the human species have used tools to represent their culture by making unique sounds. Each region of the world have there own distinctive styles and instruments. The question of where did music derive from, has been raised many times through out history . According to http://www.livescience.com/20563-ancient-bone-flute.htmlthe oldest instrument known was made from bird bones and mammoth ivory and dates back 40,000 years ago! This puts when human creativity was thought to begin back by thousands of years. This proves that music isn’t only for entertainment, but rather a sacred part of life. It’s in our DNA to express our intellectual achievement through fellowship and culture. Although it is a huge mystery of exactly how humans have evolved and what there exact behavior was, it is clear that expression through art and music has been a way of life for thousands of years. What are some ways you show expression of your life and culture?
As an artist we want to create beautiful and inspiring work. It’s our passion…our dream. At the same time its very common to reach a point where you feel like you’ve almost run out of ideas. or just don’t feel motivated( that’s my problem. ) Its especially haunting having your previous work right in front of you and knowing what your capable of. It happens to all of us, but next time your not feeling motivated or inspired, experiment with some of these ideas!
- Take a freaking walk! I know it sounds crazy but trust me. Being out in nature does something to us, that’s where were suppose to be. I don’t know if its the fresh air or the vitamin D from the sun but it always helps me be in tune with my thoughts. Go to the park, lake, or just sit out on a patio.
- Try new things! Explore other genres or types of work that are in the same business as you. This will open your mind to possibilities you didn’t think of which will give you a unique vision. For instance if your a hip hop artist, go see some jazz!
- Also do things that are creative that’s not in your chain of work. For example if your a musician, try painting. If your a chef, try carpentry. This will open new doors in your mind allowing room for discovery!
- Keep a journal with you at all times, and write everything! Drawings, poems, and any thoughts you have. Even if you think its stupid and you know you won’t use it. The point here is getting the juices flowing and getting that idea out of your brain to allow room for a more suitable idea.
- Try to stay away from reality TV and too much social media. I know its tempting…but lets be honest, it’s toxic for your brain. These days a lot of us need it for your business or networking, but try to only use it when needed. Write your e-mail or check your followings AND GET OUT!
I hope these ideas will spark a beautiful light within your mind and help you along your way to success and happiness. Check out this blog for more suggestions http://www.positivityblog.com/index.php/2007/11/09/8-ways-to-spark-your-creativity/ , and please give me some ideas I didn’t mention on sparking creativity?